101 Reasons why Japan is the best place in the world - Part 2 (11-20)
This is part two of '101 reasons why Japan is the best place in the world' (in our opinion)!
Check out Part 1 here.
11. M’s 7 Story Sex Shop - a great place to see what Japanese innovation can do for the sex industry. 7 floors of gadgets and gizmos in the heart of Akihabara.
12. Turtles - are a common sight everywhere in Japan and we spend hours just watching them.
13. Bento - there are so many varieties of bento available and they are such a beautiful way to enjoy food.
14. Cute post boxes - well, why shouldn’t they be cute?
15. Random soft drinks - the range of soft drinks in Japan is enormous.
16. Kushiya Monogatari - This is a hugely popular Osaka-based chain that lets you select your own kushiage skewers to be cooked at your table. Select from a wide variety of meat and vegetables, return to your table, dip in batter, cook and then dunk in one of their many sauces. If that doesn’t whet your appetite then they also have unlimited soft drinks, ice cream and a chocolate fountain! There are many of these restaurants in Japan and at ¥2625 per person at dinnertime, with a 90-minute limit, it’s a real bargain.
17. Don Quijote (ドン・キホーテ) is a discount chain store that has over 160 locations throughout Japan and sell literally everything.
18. Animal cafes - most people have heard of cat cafes cat cafes by now but in Japan you can find many other animal cafes such as bunny cafes, reptile cafes and even hedgehog cafes!
19. 100 yen stores (100円ショップ, Hyaku En Shoppu) are one of our favourite shopping destinations in Tokyo and can be found all over the city (and indeed Japan). These are discount stores that sell a wide range of products for ¥108 (¥100 plus 8 percent consumption tax). If you want it, they've got it and even if you didn't know you wanted it they sell it, all for the tiny price of 100 yen!
20. Red burgers This Burger King product called the “Aka Burger” (“aka” or 赤 means “red”), comes in two types: Aka Samurai Beef and Aka Samurai Chicken. I appreciate the picture doesn’t do it justice but this is by far the tastiest burger I have ever eaten.
Check out part 3!